From September 2017 to May 2018, I built Rate That Meeting.
The platform had two core components: an automated way to collect anonymous feedback from meeting participants, and a team dashboard to help managers and executives see how their team spends their time in meetings.
We shipped this to hundreds of users at over 50 companies.
- React / Redux / ES6 frontend served by S3 / Cloudfront
- API Gateway / Lambda / DynamoDB to manage user-facing APIs
- Kinesis / Lambda to process real-time updates to users' calendars
- All architecture orchestrated by CloudFormation templates (100+ stacks)
- Cloudwatch to manage alerts / logging
- Kinesis Firehose / S3 / Athena for analytics
- Extensive use of KMS to manage encryption. Fine-grained control of permissions using IAM
- Strong focus on security throughout the platform
- Google Calendar API